The end-to-end paperwork process to
become a new Merit Badge Counselor (MBC)
in the Michigan Crossroads Council (MCC)
as of: 2023-02-26
- The new MBC fills out the:
- The MBC paperwork is handed in to the District Executive (DE).
- The DE sends just the MBC App to the District Advancement Committee for approval.
- The District Advancement Committee approves the MBC App and returns it to the DE.
- The DE sends the paperwork to the MCC Registration team eMail to enter the MBC information.
- The Subject: line of the eMail is key as it's format filters the msg to the correct inbox folder for processing.
- The submissions are entered into a Log Sheet that the DE have to monitor frequently - it is the only notification of an issue if there is one.
- Depending on the time of year, some paperwork is delayed for priority paperwork
- Unit recharter around the new year.
- District & Council recharter around June/July.
- New Scout registrations in the fall.
- MCC Registration team enters the BSA Adult App into the BSA Systems.
- MCC Registration team enters the MBC App into the BSA Systems.
- The new MBC shows up in the my.Scouting MBC report.
- The next day the MBC shows up in Scoutbook.